Video conferencing platform trends of 2023 👀
Last updated: Feb 21, 2023
Video conferencing platforms and tools are now an integral part of our lives, whether it’s a daily line-up of business calls, online learning, health & wellness appointments, or connecting with family and friends.
Commercial video conferencing solutions like Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom were available as stopgap measures to maintain business communication during the pandemic. But now, these platforms are being replaced by more secure and sophisticated apps developed for specific audiences. And, although these current solutions have been evolving since the pandemic, there is still much to be improved as our expectations mature into the future. Some of the top developments we’re watching closely include:
- Increased adoption of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technology to enhance the user experience and make remote meetings more engaging.
- More focus on security and privacy to protect sensitive information shared during video conferences.
- Greater integration with other business tools and platforms, such as project management and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- More use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to improve the functionality of video conferencing platforms, such as automatic captioning and transcription.
- Greater accessibility for users with disabilities, through features such as closed captioning and sign language interpretation.
- More personalization and customization options for users, such as virtual backgrounds and personalized avatars.
- More use of webRTC technology to make video conferencing more accessible and reduce the need for proprietary software or plug-ins.
- Increased demand for video-powered retail experiences like Virtual Associates and Live Product Demos.
- More use of big data analytics to gain insights into usage patterns and improve user engagement.
- Increased scrutiny on where data passes geographically has created a desire to have more control over where the server / data centre serving the application is located.
The future of video conferencing will involve continued advancements in technology to make the experience more immersive and lifelike, as well as increased integration with other tools and platforms. We look forward to seeing the increased use of AI, virtual reality and augmented reality, improved video and audio quality, and the ability to share and collaborate on documents and other media in real-time. Additionally, the increased emphasis on privacy and security will have a significant impact on the platforms and the industry as whole.
Is your organization ready? Book a 30-minute consultation to discover how we can help you create amazing customer experiences with our video solutions.